Click on Numbered Selections above to view additional works
COMMENTS - INQUIRES: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampton House Galleries - Winston Salem, NC. - www.hamptonhouse.net
G'G's - Statesville, NC (704) 873-6097
Associated Artists of Winston-Salem. - www.associatedartists.org
Green Goat Gallery, Spencer, NC. - www.greengoatgallery.com
Waterworks Visual Arts Center. - www.waterworks.org
Statesville Artists Guild will feature 20 of my paintings for the first quarter of the year. Hickory Museum of Art will show 2 of my paintings as part of the juried exhibit "Road Trip" featuring 120 European cars and a museum exhibit of art works. In February the waterworks Visual Arts Center will begin new series of life Drawing Sessions that I will monitor. Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital bought three of my paintings this month.
Born in Birmingham, Alabama, I received my BFA and MFA from the University of Alabama in painting. Additional studies were done in Art History at the University of Georgia and training in painting and drawing at the Art Student's League, NYC.
Most of my life has been involved in teaching fine arts. My first five years I taught at Coker College, Hartsville, SC and then 32 years as AFA Program Coordinator, Mitchell Community College, Statesville, NC.
My art is represented in collections including the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Delta State University, Mississippi, Coker College, Hartsville, SC, Mitchell Community College, Statesville, NC, Iredell Museums and Iredell County Library, NC, Hanes Foundation, Winston Salem NC, Wells Fargo Bank, and Horizons Unlimited, Salisbury, NC.
EXHIBITIONS 2005 - 2013
Hickory Museum of Art jury show, Hickory, NC Sept. 2013- Jan. 2014
Davidson County Community College, Thomasville, N.C. 2013
Spine Gallery, Baptist Hospital, Winston Salem 2013
- Dimensions 2010, National Jury Show, April '10
- One Person Show, Albemarle,NC December, '09
- Cultural Crossroads, National Jury Show, Nov. '09
- One Person Show, Iredell Museum, Statesville, NC, March,'09
- One Person Show, Waterworks Visual Arts Center, Salisbury, NC Nov.08-Feb. '09.
- Four 21 Exhibition, Wilkes Art Gallery, Wilkesboro, NC. (Feb/April 2008)
- Arts Alliance National Jury Show, Knoxville, Tennessee (November 2007)
- Memphis Botanical National Competition, Tennessee, (May 2006)
- "Colors", Jury Show, AAWS, (March 2006)
- "About Face" National Jury Show, Winston- Salem, N.C. (November 2005)
- One Person Show, Phoenix Gallery, Taylorsville, N.C., (September 2005)
- Dimensions 2005 National Jury Show, Winston-Salem, (May 2005)
- Mixed Media Show. AAWS First Prize (Summer 2005)
- Wake Forest University, Babcock Center, Winston-Salem, N.C. (May 2005)
- Associated Artists of Winston Salem, N.C., - Juried Member
- Waterworks Visual Arts Center, Salisbury, N.C. – Board of Directors (2009-12 )Docent/ teach Life Drawing course
- Iredell Museums, Statesville, N.C. - Lifetime Membership
- Artist's Guild of Statesville, Lifetime Honorary Membership
- Artists of the Southeast, Dalton, Ga. - Archives
- Plein Air Carolina
- National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society